Florida State University Career Center
Assistant Director/Career Liaison Colleges of Fine arts Music
Job ID: 42826
The Career Liaison is the primary liaison between The Career Center and the designated academic units – the College of Fine Arts and College of Music. The successful candidate will develop strategic partnerships that connect employers, students, and alumni to The Career Center. Staff in these positions work with existing and prospective employers to identify and increase career-related experiential learning opportunities, e.g., co-ops, internships, volunteer, research, job shadowing, and part-time employment.
This position engages directly with faculty, staff, and academic advisors to inform students and faculty about experiential learning opportunities, create opportunities for students to build employability skills, deliver engaging workshops, and collect information about current engagements in experiential learning. The position oversees the successful implementation of all related functions, reports directly to the Senior Assistant Director of Experiential Learning, and resides part-time in the academic unit and part-time in The Career Center, a Division of Student Affairs at Florida State University.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support and assist in the development, direction, administration, and promotion of university-wide experiential learning/education program for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Facilitate, promote, and expand interaction with business/industry, government, and non-profit employers to create and increase career related work experience opportunities, e.g., co-ops, internships, volunteer, research, job shadowing, and part-time employment.
- Plan, implement, and conduct outreach workshops, presentations, and programs to educate and inform students, faculty/staff, and administrators about Career Center programs and services, as well as opportunities to build employability skills.
- Advise/counsel students individually or in groups regarding various types of work experience opportunities, Career Center resources and services, and job search strategies.
- Provide accurate data collection for student engagement in experiential learning opportunities, e.g., co-ops, internships, volunteer, research, job shadowing, and part-time employment.
- Deliver other core Career Center programs including teaching the career planning class, career advising, and employer development.
The minimum requirements for this position include, but are not limited to, the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree.
- Prefer 2 years of experience in Experiential Education or Career Services.
- Effective oral and written communication, program planning, presentation, and computer skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and relate well to students, faculty, employers, and staff.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of team members and constituents.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with academic colleges.
- Service-oriented approach.
- Careful attention to detail.
To apply, visit Florida State University’s Employment & Recruitment Services website at https://jobs.fsu.edu and search by Job ID: 42826
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
- This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action Employer
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume. To apply, visit Florida State University’s Employment & Recruitment Services website at https://jobs.fsu.edu and search for Job ID 42826