IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Site visitors should refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. Please visit our Facebook Page @COCA/Tallahassee Arts for the latest industry updates and resources.
As APAP is actively supporting bills that together can address the diverse needs of the performing arts presenting, booking and touring field, your voice and your vote are critical. We are stronger together!
Here are five actions you can take to support the arts now and during this election season:
1. While Congress began its August recess without passing new COVID-19 legislation, many proposals are still in play. Continue to contact your Congressional representatives and let them know that the arts are essential and that arts workers are essential.
2. Educate yourself on the DNC and RNC arts platforms. Americans for the Arts Action Fund’s advocacy efforts had a great impact on the 2020 Democratic Platform. Because the 2020 Republican Platform simply copied the exact same platform from 2016, it does not include any supportive language about the arts or arts education.
3. Visit the Arts Action Fund and sign a pledge to “Make Your Vote Count.” They also have customized voter resources for every state and more.
4. Tune in to the ArtsVote live virtual event on Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT (3 p.m. PDT) for a discussion on the impact of COVID-19 on the arts community and policies for the future.
5. Help mobilize potential voters through Open Progress, a non-partisan initiative from Vote.org to reach voters under 30 years of age in Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
Disclaimer: COCA does not endorse any artists, organizations, or programs listed herein, nor imply stature through their inclusion in this website. While we have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.