This new online Fall program was developed as a way for Middle and High School
students to continue their theatre education, exercise their performance talents,
and connect with their community through Southern Shakespeare Company’s
mission of inclusion, diversity, and community engagement.
With a focus on theatre and social change, the Community Connection
Project will teach students about the power of art to tell stories, create hope,
and inspire change.
• The opportunity to workshop and perform in a Southern Shakespeare Company
PSA which will air on television
• Workshops and lectures led by diverse and skilled local professionals on social
justice topics and theatre-related skills
• Workshopping Shakespearean scenes in the context of diversity in our
• Training in writing and collaborating for performance
• Volunteer and outreach opportunities
Bi-Weekly Meetings on Zoom Plus Additional Workshops and Lectures
Nine Week Program ❖ September 12 – November 12, 2020
Open to Middle and High School Students
Auditions will be held via Zoom on Saturday, Sept. 5th and Sunday, Sept. 6th between the hours of 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
To apply visit: https://southernshakespearefestival.org/education/the-bardlings/
Disclaimer: COCA does not endorse any artists, organizations, or programs listed herein, nor imply stature through their inclusion in this website. While we have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.