What is Entertainment in The Village at the Chain of Parks Art Festival?
- This is the perfect spot for kid-friendly solo acts and less-music-focused entertainers like storybook tellers, educational demonstrations, performance artists, etc. This is in a grassy area with a 10×10 white tent, chair, amp, and mic (no stage or sound engineer).
- Audiences fluctuate and frequently require a performer to call to attendees to gather ’round. The core audience is small children and their parents. Interactive props are helpful!
- The Village is an area within the Festival that provides opportunities for community connections to an estimated 35-40,000+ enthusiastic visitors! The purpose of this area is to promote organizations that support the arts in our community. The Village incorporates Community Partners, Pop-Up Studios, Sponsor Booths, and the historical Jacques Le Moyne Encampment, with fun foods, ENTERTAINMENT, and more!
- Our Main Stage is located in the Center Court on Calhoun St. and features a variety of local bands, aspiring singer/songwriters, dance troupes, and other crowd-pleasing local performing arts groups (see separate application if that applies to you).
What is Entertainment in The Chalk Artist Oasis?
- This is brand new to the festival! We are going to be creating a nature-themed oasis surrounding our professional chalk artists with plants and shade for visitors to observe their progress in a beautiful space. We’re looking for solo/ duo performers to set the mood and make this a welcoming area. Performers in this area should be self-sufficient, upbeat, and welcoming.
- We will provide shade, 2 chairs, and 1 table. The performer will need to bring their own sound equipment.
- Performers may sell their merch, put out tasteful signage, and hand out business cards/ flyers, but we do not allow tip jars.
Your Participation in the Festival Provides the Following Benefits:
- Outreach opportunities to a community of kids (and their parents) interested in art & performance.
- A digital festival postcard is available for pre-show promotion.
- Listing in the Festival Program.
- Listing on the Entertainment Schedule.
- Opportunity to provide free handouts and sell merch.
- Opportunity to promote your “brand”/ organization/ future performances.