Part-Time Non-Profit Director Position
Posted: Jan 17, 2021
Arts and Cultural Experiences of Railroad Square (ACERS) seeks a part-time Director. At this time, the job is expected to average about 40 hours a month initially but will likely increase over time. This position requires references and experience in fundraising and event planning. Ability to be organized and to work independently is important. Confidence in being able to talk with potential sponsors and donors, and various media interviews is necessary.
The job duties include (but are not limited to):
– Producing the monthly First Friday Festival that has been occurring at Railroad Square for the past 15 years but has just recently been taken over by the non-profit. At this time the event is being produced as a virtual event as a 15-20 minute video that features both Railroad Square artists and local musicians. The organization has a small budget for videography, but the Director will need to schedule and conduct the interviews. The Director will also work to promote the event through various social media efforts and press listings. Once the event resumes in-person, the role will focus on booking entertainment/programming, coordinating with Railroad Square management and tenants, coordinating logistical issues related to the event (e.g., security, insurance, etc.), and marketing the event. (estimated 8 hours month)
– Grant writing for special events and operations, and for various special projects, including an arts incubator to offer below market rents to emerging artists. (estimated 4 hours a month est. average, with seasonal peaks and lulls)
– Administrative office management, including creating monthly financial reports and preparing budgets and expense reports for grants (est. 3 hours a month).
– Planning and executing at least 2 special events/festivals each year which will bring visitors to Railroad Square, along with coordinating volunteers to assist (est. 6 hours month). At least one of these events should be primarily a fundraiser for ACERS.
– General fundraising to secure corporate sponsors for various events (like First Friday and Special Events) and projects, particularly for the arts incubator project.(est. 8 hours a month) – Promoting a public art walk and maintaining its web page, along with arranging for groups to visit (est. 2 hr month)
– Working with a hands-on board of directors to provide monthly updates on status of projects. (est. 3 hours a month)
– Develop a plan for membership and individual donations, and processing donations and producing a newsletter and updating website and social media (est. 6 hours a month). Note: Times are estimates and will vary month-to-month, but each of the duties above are important activities, and monthly reports and meetings with the Board of Directors will be needed consistently.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Excellent fundraising abilities
-Working knowledge of social media marketing
-Basic graphic design skills (for creating electronic flyers/graphics for events) -Basic marketing skills
-Excellent organization and follow-through
-Grant writing (including financial management of grants)
-Basic Excel skills -General abilities to create and maintain systems
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to [Email hidden] by January 24. In the cover letter, please briefly explain how a part-time/quarter-time position would fit into your life.