In 1912, an enterprising ex-sponge diver, had a theater built and called it the “DIXIE”. Opening in April of 1913, he imported traveling theater troupes. In 1915, with the advent of motion pictures, the Dixie Theatre was converted to a motion picture house.
It became the entertainment center for Franklin County and remained so until 1967, when it was closed, shuttered and left to fall in on itself.
In 1992, Rex and Cleo Partington came to St. George Island for vacation and wandered in to
Feb 9, 2019
Jan 26, 2019
Feb 3, 2018
Disclaimer: COCA does not endorse any artists, organizations, or programs listed herein, nor imply stature through their inclusion in this website. While we have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.