Making Awesome Programs Coordinator
The Programs Coordinator is responsible for organizing classes and other special events at the space. This is a volunteer position but can include a sponsored (free) membership.
Our goal is for Making Awesome to a community of friendly people, working on cool projects, and having a good time. The Programs Coordinator is an important part of that effort, organizing classes and other special events in the space.
- You’re member of Making Awesome or willing to become one upon taking the position. Your membership fees will be paid for by the space, and you will get a dedicated workspace. Additional benefits can be negotiated on an individual basis.
- You’re friendly and comfortable with talking to (and emailing, etc.) strangers
- You’re well organized.
- You are good at social media marketing, relationships.
- You treat all people in a positive manner, practice civility and don’t display any “ism’s” (sexism, racism, ageism, etc.)
- You agree to the terms and conditions for Making Awesome membership (available at www.makingawesome.org) , and our rules of social behavior. (currently: don’t be on fire, be awesome to each other, and pick up after yourself.)
- Did we mention well organized?
- Organizes at least one class or other special event each month at Making awesome, in addition to coordinating the monthly First Friday event.
- Ensures that the monthly First Friday events are staffed by volunteers, or serves as the host themself.
- Recruits instructors and schedules classes and maintain an overall calendar of events for the space.
- Organizes a monthly social event at the space, in conjunction with another event (Wednesday open house, etc.) or on it’s own.
- Responsible for entering classes on the ticket sales system (BrownPaperTickets).
- Attends meetings of the operations team (shop manager, membership coordinator, programs coordinator, jewelry shop coordinator, machine shop coordinator, etc.)
- Participates in community events and discussions as available.
- Submit to a background check.
- Recruit and engage instructors for MA classes and workshops.
- Coordinates the scheduling of workshops and classes.
- Sets prices for classes with input from the instructor.
- Obtains class materials.
- Enforces the policies and rules of Making Awesome.