OPS Museum Rental Manager
Mission San Luis
$18.00 per hour, up to 40 hrs/week
This position is responsible for managing the rentals program at Mission San Luis, a 50-acre living history museum located in Tallahassee, Florida. The 25,000 square foot Visitor Center is the primary location for the rental events, which include weddings, receptions, and corporate meetings.
The candidate will be responsible for working with guests, clients, vendors, and other museum staff to ensure successful rental events as well as promoting the venue to potential clients.
1. Administer the rentals program at Mission San Luis, including staff supervision, client relations, contract preparation, budget preparation, scheduling, coordination with vendors, and planning and staffing rental events.
2. Facilitate the set up and break down of all rental events
3. Provide excellent customer service to all visitors to the museum
4. Cultivate new rental clients
5. Answer and follow up on inquiries about the rentals program from the public
6. Maintain cleanliness of the facilities during and after use
7. Properly secure the facilities and site after events
8. Enforce rental and site policies with guests and visitors
9. Prepare reports on rental sales, income, and expenses
10.Maintain visibility of the rentals program within north Florida/south Georgia
11.Assist with museum special events as needed
12.Other administrative duties as directed by supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of full-time experience managing or working with special events.
• At least one (1) year of experience in sales
• Resume and cover letter detailing education and job related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field
• Experience working or volunteering in a museum
Disclaimer: COCA does not endorse any artists, organizations, or programs listed herein, nor imply stature through their inclusion in this website. While we have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.