As Hurricane Ian continues its path, please check with organizers before attending an event or applying to a classified. COCA will email and/or post updates on our social media sites. Emergency information can be found here for Leon County and the City of Tallahassee. Contact COCA at email@example.com and 850-224-2500. Our building will be closed on Thursday and Friday, September 29th & 30th, reopening on Monday, October 3rd. Stay informed & stay safe.
Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography (MANCC) is seeking a full-time Office Manager/Residency Coordinator (OM/RC).
The OM/RC will report to the Managing Director and work directly with the MANCC team, including the Director, Media Specialist, and Research Associate. Applicants must be available 40 hours a week during standard office hours 8:30am to 5:30pm M-F and for occasional evening and weekend residency events. This OPS position provides an hourly wage and health benefits, with the possibility of annual raises based on performance. Learn more about OPS positions here: https://hr.fsu.edu/opsappointments
The OM/RC is responsible for all aspects of office management including processing and tracking fiscal
expenditures, taking notes for all external meetings, with artists and the field, supporting staff travel, ordering equipment and supplies, and general office maintenance.
In the RC capacity of this position, RC supports the MANCC staff in planning and executing residencies and supporting events as well as the logistics, scheduling, administrative support, promotion, and space/equipment coordination for all MANCC residences. The OM/RC is responsible for the production and printing of promotional materials including artists’ factsheets, posters, and building signage. The OM/RC coordinates production and technical support through the School of Dance as needed. OM/RC, on occasion, may be asked to greet artists at the airport and/or run errands in Tallahassee and the surrounding areas and must have a car and a valid driver’s license (mileage to be reimbursed).
The MANCC office is based on the Mac platform and utilizes Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, iContact, Smug Mug, and several Microsoft applications including Calendar and Sharepoint, among other programs. It is not required that the OM/RC have knowledge in all these areas, however, the OM/RC must possess some basic computer skills – email, calendar software, and word processing as well as the desire/ability to learn new software, as necessary.
Requirements and/or Desired Skills:
• Ability to work 40 hours a week between 8:30am and 5:30pm with occasional night and weekend hours based on artist residency needs.
• Detailed organizational skills.
• Experience managing schedules, setting meetings, and taking meeting notes.
• Solid writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and across various entities including MANCC staff, faculty, students, SOD
administration, community members, and artists.
• Computer skills and data entry required
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Experience handling travel arrangements is desired.
• Experience tracking expenses is desired
• Basic experience with Adobe InDesign helpful
• A basic background in production and a general understanding of audio, video, and computer-related issues would be helpful.
• Strong people skills, mature, responsible, and has a sense of humor and desire to support a diverse range of contemporary artists and their creative processes as well as MANCC staff.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be part of a nationally recognized Center and staff, to connect with a wide range of artists, and learn more about the national dance field as well as how MANCC intersects with the School of Dance, FSU, and the greater Tallahassee community.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Ansje Burdick Managing Director Maggie Allesee National Center for Choreography firstname.lastname@example.org as well as complete an online application with Florida State University
Position will remain open until filled.