POSITION DESCRIPTION AND CANDIDATE PROFILE
MEMBERSHIP AND ANNUAL FUND MANAGER
The Tallahassee Museum seeks an energetic, outgoing, and personable individual to become its Membership and Annual Fund Manager. The successful candidate will possess the initiative, energy, personality, and passion for moving the Museum’s membership and annual giving forward.
Utilizing research, data analytics, in-person solicitation meetings, stewardship events, and written correspondence, the successful candidate will effectively communicate the importance of Museum memberships, sponsorships, and annual fund gifts in benefitting our region and advancing the Museum’s educational mission and vision.
The Membership and Annual Giving Manager will report to the VP for Philanthropy and will supervise the day-to-day work of the part-time Membership Assistant.
MEMBERSHIP AND ANNUAL GIVING MANAGER
Implements a comprehensive membership plan and calendar that builds memberships and income through year-round campaigns, including mail, digital, social, and events.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan and calendar that builds unrestricted annual giving and sponsorships for Museum events, exhibits, and programs.
- Researches, cultivates, and personally solicits, both in person and in writing, annual fund gifts and sponsorships. Maintenance and updating of the Donor Board annually.
- Implements the calendar of renewals and strategies and actions, strategies, and actions to successively higher membership levels.
- Design and implement ongoing appeals to reengage lapsed donors and attract new donors for the annual fund.
- Implements a year-round stewardship program for long-term members and annual donors.
- Works with the internal and external communications team to develop member and annual giving messaging.
- Assists the VP for Philanthropy in identifying potential donors for Patron level giving ($1,000 and up).
- Provides strategic direction for Membership Assistant.
- Implements or assists with other projects the VP for Philanthropy assigns.
Education/Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in fundraising, researching prospects, and soliciting support in person and in writing. Willingness to work hands-on as part of the advancement team.
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills, including writing membership materials, annual fund letters, digital appeals, and stewardship materials. Knowledge of and experience with direct mail and online giving is a plus.
- Good organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Museum members and donors at all levels.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, membership, or sales/marketing preferred.
- Experienced with constituent relationship management systems (CRM) and willingness to learn new technology skills needed to sustain and grow a thriving membership and annual giving program.
This job requires local out-of-the-office meetings with potential donors, sponsors, and members.
Competitive and commensurate with experience.
As soon as the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest detailing how their qualifications meet the profile of this position, a resume, and salary expectations in confidence to:
Russell S. Daws
3945 Museum Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32310-6325