Job Title: MUSEUM EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Position Number: 45000589
Salary: $34,856.47 – $39,098.88
Posting Closing Date: 03/29/2017
The position is eligible for state benefits, including health insurance and paid vacation and sick leave.
For the full job announcement and to apply, go to https://jobs.myflorida.com/s/IWPQKx
The Museum of Florida History, Florida Department of State, seeks an experienced museum educator to join the staff of the AAM-accredited state history museum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for planning and development of museum programs to serve diverse statewide audiences and to promote learning and appreciation of Florida’s history and culture. Works with Museum director and other section heads to achieve conceptual planning, development, and evaluation of all Museum activities, exhibitions, publications, and programs and to maintain operations of the state history museum to the highest professional standards established by the American Alliance of Museums.
• Supervises development, implementation, and scheduling of on-site and outreach programs, tours, special events, lectures, camps and workshops of the Museum of Florida History and the Knott House Museum. Supervises and conducts research of educational materials. Supervises Statewide Education Services, including Florida History Day, the Heritage Education Program, and teacher in-services.
• Administers the Education section, including staff supervision, development, and performance evaluation, budget preparation, fiscal and property control, establishing completion deadlines, and ensuring that projects are carried out according to established criteria. Coordinates section activities with other section heads and the museum director.
• Obtains and administers grants for the management, preservation, and interpretation of the Museum of Florida History and the Knott House Museum. Supervises administration of maintenance calendar.
• Supervises museum volunteer programs and the training of museum volunteers; participates in the Museum’s Collections Committee; and carries as special projects and other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in history, humanities, anthropology, museum studies, education or related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in museum education.
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Master’s degree in history, humanities, anthropology, museums studies, education or related field preferred.