The Eastman School of Music at the University of Rochester is currently accepting applications for the Paul R. Judy Center Grant. The deadline for all US-based musicians or musical arts organizations is October 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
The funding priorities for this grant are:
- The evolution of the innovative ensemble, influenced by both the symphony orchestra and the chamber music traditions, with a focus on creative, artist-centered ensembles that reflect new models of artist innovation, organizational relationships and operational sustainability;
- Systemic and transformational change in pursuit of a more just and equitable arts ecosystem; and
- Innovative projects and research focused on diversity, equity and inclusion in all elements of the profession, with a prioritization of projects that advance anti-racism work in the arts.
This grant provides funding for two things:
- Research support: individuals may submit a proposal to support a research project that aligns with the stated funding priorities. Funding may go toward travel, lodging or other costs (not food) in order to complete the project.
- Innovative projects: individuals, ad hoc groups and pre-formed ensembles may apply for support for a project that aligns with the stated funding priorities of the grant program. This category is intentionally broad and may encompass a wide range of activities, including educational outreach programs, concerts and recording projects.
There are no restrictions in terms of age or professional level; students are encouraged to apply.
Grants will range from $5,000 – $10,000.
For more information, or to apply, click here.