Tallahassee is a hub of arts and culture, which is one of the area’s most cherished assets. Building upon this thriving sector of the community, the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is seeking applications for ideas that will further enhance the arts, culture and heritage in Tallahassee. There is $2,000,000 in Tourist Development Tax (TDT) dollars is available to fund applications that accomplish this goal, minimum funding request $500,000. Proposals must be submitted by public entities or non-profit organizations and meet certain guidelines, which includes being located in either the Greater Frenchtown/Southside or Downtown CRA District.
Authorized uses of funding include the following:
- To acquire, construct, extend, enlarge, remodel, repair, improve, maintain, operate, or promote:Publicly owned and operated convention centers, sports stadiums, sports arenas, coliseums, or auditoriums
- Auditoriums that are publicly owned but are operated by organizations that are exempt from federal taxation
Aquariums or museums that are publicly owned and operated or owned and operated by not-for-profit organizations and open to the public.
- To promote zoological parks that are publicly owned and operated or owned and operated by not-for-profit organizations and open to the public.
- To promote and advertise tourism in this state, nationally and internationally. However, if tax revenues are expended for an activity, service, venue or event, the activity service, venue, or event must have as one of its main purposes the attraction of tourists as evidenced by the promotion of the activity, service, venue, or event to tourists.
- To acquire, construct, extend, enlarge, remodel, repair, improve, maintain, operate, or finance public facilities needed to increase tourist-related business activities, if recommended by the Tourist Development Council.
Read more and apply here.