IMPORTANT! Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis events listed on this website may be canceled or postponed. Site visitors should refer to the event organizer's website for possible schedule changes. Please visit our Facebook Page @COCA/Tallahassee Arts for the latest industry updates and resources.
Rattle Seeks Submissions By Children for our annual Young Poets Anthology—poets must be age 15 or younger. Deadline: November 15.
1) Poems may be submitted by the poet, or by the poet’s parent/legal guardian, or teacher. Teachers may select at most five students per year and submit on their behalf (in a single submission), with the assurance to us that you will be able to help us get a parent’s signed permission prior to publication. Please remember that we will be choosing up to 20 poems from thousands submitted—try not to get anyone’s hopes up prematurely.
2) The author of the poem must have been age 15 or younger when the poem was written, and 18 or younger when submitted.
3) The poets may use their whole name, first name, or a pseudonym at their parents’ discretion. We will not publish any contact information.
4) Submit up to four poems at a time, in one file through the Submittable button below.
5) Upon acceptance, a parent or legal guardian must sign a release allowing us to publish the poem.
6) All contributors receive ten complimentary copies of the print anthology, which will also be shipped to all Rattle subscribers. Parents and family members may purchase additional copies at our cost to print/ship.
7) Only submissions through Submittable will be accepted. Include the parent/guardian’s name and mailing address, and the child’s age when the poems were written somewhere within the document.
Disclaimer: COCA does not endorse any artists, organizations, or programs listed herein, nor imply stature through their inclusion in this website. While we have made every effort to ensure that this information is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.