Art From A Different Perspective
Posted: Dec 27, 2019
We will highlight and celebrate the talents of members in our community who are differently-abled; giving everyone an opportunity to participate in activities that bring awareness to our senses and how perspective and experience changes with different sensory experiences.
This free family-friendly event will feature vendors, booths, activities, and performances by community groups and local artists. It is open and accessible for all members of our community.
We hope our community comes out to support this event. Attendees and supporters of Gretchen Everhart, invite all differently-abled children and adults, along with their families. This event will have something for everyone.
We are intentional about the artists and vendors featured at this event.
There is added emphasis on the selection of the following:
• Artists and vendors who are differently-abled
• Exhibits that are interactive or have an element of participation, or an activity
• Utilize additional senses, not just sight, but touch, sound, taste, and smell.
• Learning opportunities for members of our community to have an experience with a sense removed- from headphones to eye covers, and more.
• Vendors and businesses that offer additional services of benefit to the differently-abled community, from
modifications, aids, and assistive technologies.
• Creativity, compassion, and enthusiasm.
If selected, our artists and vendors will have the following provided for them:
• predetermined location for set up
• set up time beginning at 8 am
• depending upon the location, tents will be set up for vendors.
If selected, our artists and vendors will need to provide the following:
• adequate assistance/volunteers for exhibit set up
• staff to be present at all times during the festival
• table, tablecloths, chairs, etc. for display
• adequate assistance/volunteers and the ability to break down exhibit no earlier than 2 pm, and done by 4 pm.