Seeking Part-time Museum Educator at The Grove Mus...
Posted: Apr 23, 2018
The Grove Museum
OPS Museum Education Program Representative
Working title “Museum Educator”
Work hours: up to 28 h/p/w
Salary: $13.50 p/h
Anticipated Start Date: after June 1, 2018
Schedule: Wednesday – Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; events, outreach and community engagement programs as needed; afterhours as needed (adjust schedule to not exceed 28 h/p/w)
Primary duties for this position include:
– Assisting with day-to-day museum operations, including site opening/closing procedures and giving tours of the house and grounds to the public
– Supporting educational programs and events, including planning, set-up/break-down, and facilitating or leading programs for the public
– Contributing to social media, including content creation, posting to various platforms, and analytics
– College degree in the humanities, education, hospitality, or a related field
– One (1) year experience in academia, K-12 and adult education, museums, not-for-profits, government, or in a comparable environment in the private sector
– Volunteer or paid work experience in the field may substitute for the degree requirement at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of volunteer or paid work
– Work Wednesday – Saturday, occasional evenings and after hours
– Communicate effectively with the public
– Produce written plans and reports
– Bend, walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
– Lift objects up to 50 lbs.
– Proficiency in standard office software and various social media platforms
– Pass a Level II criminal history background screening
Applicants should submit a current c.v./resume and a cover letter to TheGrove@DOS.MyFlorida.com.