Posted: Oct 06, 2021
Position: Education Director
Part-time: 20 hours/week/average
The Education Director develops and supervises year-round education and outreach programs for youth and adults, ensuring all activities are aligned with Southern Shakespeare Company’s mission and goals. This position includes working with educators, school administrators, students, parents, community centers, and local arts and cultural organizations to develop and implement educational and outreach programs, performances, classes, workshops, lectures, and events for the entire community.
Working with the Executive Director, the Education Director shall assist in incorporating a unified, comprehensive vision and education program for the company. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Creating and implementing education programs, curriculum guides, and teacher workshops for Leon County schools which align with state teaching standards (LAFS).
Creating and implementing after-school education programs including oversight of The Bardlings.
Writing grant proposals and grant reports.
General Education Programs:
Creating and implementing general education programs for partners and the community.
Working with graphic artists and Communication Director on promotional copy, content, and design.
Summer Educational Programs:
Creating and implementing summer education programs for the community.
Creating and implementing education outreach programs along with the Producers and Executive Director to reach diverse audiences including lectures, film screenings, Sonnet Contest, workshops, acting classes, and monologue competitions.
Creating and managing the education program budget.
Hiring, scheduling, supervising, and managing payments, per diems, travel arrangements for all staff and guest artists for education programs. Completing yearly assessments of education staff and programs. Presentation of year-end report at annual board meeting.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
• Investment in the communities that SSC services, including commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with people at all levels
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-direction – able to work independently and remotely, function productively, prioritize projects, accept direction, and make deadlines
• Ability to manage and share pertinent information with staff and board
• Ability to present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about SSC’s mission, history, and programming
• Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office.
• Flexible schedule
• Diplomacy and patience along with a sense of humor
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your FIRST and LAST NAME and “Education Director” in the subject line of your email.
Your cover letter should include your experience engaging and working with diverse communities.
Resume should include at least three professional references.
Deadline for submissions is October 31, 2021
SSC places a high value on workforce diversity, equity, and inclusion.