Are you passionate about the arts, interested in having a positive impact on your community, and eager to be surrounded by talented people? Then we hope you will consider joining our team at Thomasville Center for the Arts. We are a 30-year-old organization with a vibrant vision and enhanced mission to elevate the arts and enrich the creative life of our community.
Thomasville Center for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants, please complete the online application and submit a cover letter and resume.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Works with internal and external event planning committees to define event goals, objectives and special event plans.
- Develops and maintains event action plans and timelines.
- Establishes events expense budgets based on annual income goals.
- Guides and advises new volunteer event chairs.
- Manages the work of staff Events Coordinator and interns.
- Oversees procurement process for all vendors.
- Establishes communication protocols and event operating procedures.
- Sources and secures venues and vendors.
- Organizes volunteer committees and develops job responsibilities.
- Works with Marketing team to design events to reach target markets and identify revenue streams outside of sponsorships.
- Works with Development team to design events that are attractive to sponsors and partners.
- Works with Programs teams to integrate the visual, literary, performing and applied arts into events.
- Organizes post event briefing sessions and provides event analyses, budget recaps and participant feedback for future events.
- Assesses event risks and creates crisis management plans.
- Conducts research and feasibility studies to identify new event opportunities.